Friday, October 24, 2008

Dream Hunt

I had to share this hunt.  My dad has long held a dream of shooting a nice bull elk.  He has shot cows and a couple spikes, but he has never shot a nice, big, bull elk.  He has been putting in for a tag for a long time.  He had 14 bonus points built up (one short of the max) and had always come up empty handed.  Well, his health has really deteriorated lately and has some pretty bad health concerns, and this year he finally drew.  He had some limitations on what he could do as he has to use a cane to get around and can't go too far at a time, so he wasn't too hopeful that he'd get the bull he's always desired.  Well, I have to give a shout out to Tom and Kenny for getting my dad on this bull.  It exceeding his expectations and I think the smile on his face will tell you how he feels about it.  Some viewing this bull will say to themselves they've seen bigger.  But to my dad, with what it means to him, it is a trophy in every sense of the word.  Congrats to my dad.  I didn't get to go on this hunt with him unfortunately, but my brother Trav did and it was worth all the effort by everyone.  




My dad is the one who got me involved in hunting and the outdoors and I will be forever grateful for it.  Thanks pops, and congrats!  You still got it old man!  

-Tyson 

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Congrats on a great hunt! I am so happy for your family Tyson; it will be a great memory for you guys!