Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First trip to "The Stream"

First things first, congrats to Curt for getting into his first "real" fish (as he put it) on a fly rod.  Not a bad way to kick off the addiction my friend.  Not going to find a prettier fish than the FS Snake River Cutt!  


Blake made the first trip to "the stream" this year and was able to get into some fatty's.  The next few pictures are all fish that he was able to trick.  These fine spotted Snake River Cutts are any fisherman's dream.  They are incredible fish.  And just not all that common.  So it is a real treat to be able to go and fish a water that has access to these wonders of nature.  This is a delicate system that sees VERY little pressure.  These fish are probably about average for the stream, but many that are a lot bigger have been caught.  Last year a 23 incher came out of this stretch.  Enjoy the pictures, surely more to come as the year presses on.  





This post is one that we hope kicks off a great summer of great trips to various waters around Utah and surrounding states.  Tight lines....


1 comment:

Curtis said...

I'm glad to see that I made the blog! I had a great time for my first fly fishing experience! I still suck at casting (I caught myself more than I caught fish), but I had a blast and look forward to more experiences in the future! Also, I realize I need to work on my hand positioning for future fish pictures. I felt like Will Ferrell in Talladega Nights..."I don't know what to do with my hands"