Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Tradition renewed

For a long time it was a tradition for me and my brothers to head out after ducks on Thanksgiving each year in the morning and follow it up with some Cowboys football and turkey.  As we've all got our own kids now and as we've gotten a little older that tradition has gone a bit by the wayside.  This year we reignited the old ways and headed out to the marsh to give it a go.  It was a special day because I got to bring my 5-year old along with me.  She has been wanting to get out hunting with her dad ever since I went on my deer hunt.  It was a slow morning, but fun to be out with my little buddy and good company.  I was able to shoot a nice bull canvasback, so the hunting wasn't a total loss.

Riding the sled out across the water to our island
Photobucket

Set up in the blind at dark and ready to go.
Photobucket

Her uncle Paul bought her a lolly-pop at the gas station on the way out.
Photobucket

Me and my little hunting buddy.  She insisted on going Duck Commander style!
Photobucket

With Uncle T's hen pinny he took.
Photobucket

The Crew...thanks Trav!
Photobucket

On the way out to the truck
Photobucket

My bull can
Photobucket

A great shot Trav got of Trixxy with his phone
Photobucket

No comments: